Underground Band of Bangladesh and ARBOVIRUS
Bangla pop and rock Music world is being matured day by day. After "Sadhinota Judho `71"
there was a great revolution in pop and rock music in Bangladesh...
- Azam Khan: popularly hailed as "pop guru" of Bangladesh
- In Dhaka: rock band
- Happy Akhand: survived by his brother Lucky Akhand, after his untimely death in 80s.
- Jewel: deceased
- Lucky Akhand: legendary pop singer who carried on the work of brother Happy Akhand
- Souls: emerged in late 70s in Chittagong, gained popularity over more than a decade, served to launch Ayub Bacchu (vocalist of L.R.B) and Tapan Chowdhuri, been less visible in the 90s
- Tapan Choudhuri: went solo after beginning career in Souls
- Warfaze: emerged in mid-eighties as hard-rock band and initiated rock era of Bangladesh
The mainstream bands of bangladesh are:
- Nogor Baul (formaerly known as Feelings )
- In Dhaka
- Obscure, etc. and many more...
Mainstream bands have already released solo albums while underground bands are trying to promote themselves by performing their own numbers or cover numbers in concerts. Many popular bands like Artcell, Arbovirus, Black, Cryptic Fate, The Watson Brothers have come from the underground circle and are still considered underground by most people as they still mostly play underground shows and are not widely popular throughout the country. The more successful bands eventually sign for a record label. G-series is becoming more and more popular for providing platforms to such underground bands. Genres such as Alternative rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, and sub- genres like Death Metal, Black Metal and Gothic Metal are increasingly popular among these bands.
Some of the popular underground bands are:
- Rock/Hard Rock/Alternative
- Cryptic Fate**
- The Watson Brothers**
- Fake Plastic Superheroes
- Thrash Metal
- Poizon Green
- Death Metal/Black Metal
- Dripping Gore
- Severe Dementia (formerly known as 666)
- Voodoo Economix
- Gothic Metal
Now one of our [Me aka spoony writer,Tareq aka Bitter Sweet Symphony, Shafi aka Rajputro] friends Jishan [BUET,CSE-01] has been doing great in the famous Underground band Arbovirus in Bass lineup since the year 2002.
"Arbo" is going to release their first album "64m 53s" under the banner of G-series tomorrow.
The Album-release ceremony will be held on 20th July, 2006 at Basundhara city [panthopath] in 6th floor. Sumon bhai from Aurthohin, Durey mama, Jewel bhai from Miles and other kings of Bangla pop music world will be present in the occassion.
The album recording, mixing was finalized early in this year. Due to some unavoidable situations this was delayed to be released on this month of july, 2006. The site of "Arbo" is underconstruction. So, you cant get much information from that one. But shafi gave some informative news on Arbo in his recent post My Playlist July 18,2006.
Band line-up of Arbovirus:
Lead guitar: Suharto
Lead and Riff guitar: Ranjan
Join in the occassion,buy the CD :P and feel the pleasure of Alternative/Hard Rock touch of Bangla music...